You’ve made a decision to benefit your health. Good for you! The next step is to turn that desired health-related behavior into a health habit that you just do, routinely, and don’t even have to think about any more.
Whether you’re determined to drink a glass of water with each meal, apply sunscreen every morning, or take Lipo-Flavonoid as directed to help improve ringing in the ears, transforming your intention into reality can be easier if you follow these habit-forming tips.
- Be specific and focused. Don’t make your goal too big or too vague. Aim for something tangible and realistic, like “I will take a Lipo-Flavonoid three times each day,” or “I will walk for 15 minutes after lunch Monday to Friday.”
- Go public. Tell others what you’re up to. When you speak openly about your goals, you are more likely to achieve them. Talking about your ambitions makes them feel real and also makes you accountable; not only to yourself, but also to your friends and family, who are rooting for you.
- Find ways to make it automatic. How can your new health habit conveniently fit into your routine? Can you trigger the behavior whenever you’re in a certain room? Would Lipo-Flavonoid® packages in easy-to-spot locations at home or at work remind you to take it? Would stashing workout clothes in your car empower you to squeeze in exercise sessions?
- Measure your success. Keep track of the days that you’ve achieved your goal by marking them off on a calendar. Visual reminders can encourage you to stick with it so you don’t break your streak.
- Reward yourself when you’ve reached a milestone. Did you remember to take Lipo-Flavonoid three times each day all week? Pat yourself on the back and do something nice for yourself like taking a relaxing bath or watching a favorite movie – it’s your treat, so you name it!
- Give yourself lots of time. According to research published in the European Journal of Social Psychology 2 http://onlinelibrary.wiley.com/doi/10.1002/ejsp.674/full it takes between 18 and 254 days to convert a new behavior into a habit. Be patient and accept of the process.
- Go easy on yourself. Scientists2 have found that just because people miss a day or two while trying to form a new habit, it doesn’t mean they’re destined to fail. Forgot your Lipo-Flavonoid® today? Just get back on the wagon tomorrow. Wellness is a lifelong journey — not an all-or-nothing proposition.
Whether your challenge is tinnitus or something else, we commend you for taking steps to incorporate new health habits – like Lipo-Flavonoid® — into your day.
Lipo-Flavonoid® products contain #1 doctor-recommended lemon bioflavonoids and other essential nutrients to help support ear health. After more than 50 years of clinical use, Lipo-Flavonoid® is still the supplement recommended most by ENTs for the treatment of tinnitus.1
- April 2016 Survey. Clarion Brands Inc. Data on file.
- Lally, P., van Jaarsveld, C. H. M., Potts, H. W. W. and Wardle, J. (2010), How are habits formed: Modelling habit formation in the real world. Eur. J. Soc. Psychol., 40: 998–1009. doi:10.1002/ejsp.674 http://onlinelibrary.wiley.com/doi/10.1002/ejsp.674/full